Currently teaching Ear Training and Harmony at BA in Jazz and Contemporary Music Performance in Dublin City University, I’m also available for private lessons. All of the subjects / topics, I am happy to work with specific interests / goals you may have – or to cover them widely – according to Individual needs.
Music is a physical experience.
- Preparation for exams
- No exams – work towards your own goals
- Practicing skills for technical fluency
- Rhythm study / Sight-reading / Improvisation / Theory will be integrated to suit individuals
THEORY AND HARMONY THROUGH EAR TRAINING
Ear Training is the foundation of all music study. Everything is music, if we listen. Improve your inner hearing and rhythmic awareness with individually tailored practice.
– CONNECTING HEARING AND READING, THROUGH SINGING AND PLAYING
- Rhythm Reading
– CONNECTING HEARING AND KNOWLEDGE
- Scales / Modes
- Harmonic Progressions
– CONNECTING HEARING AND NOTATING
– CONNECTING HEARING AND PLAYING
- ‘Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.’ – Lao Tzu